Over the next few weeks I will be covering what kind of music can work well through different parts of your special day. When I sing at peoples weddings I often get asked about the type of music I play between sets. With this series of blogs I have started at the end and I am working my way back. So for you today I decided I would do a playlist for the party time. There is quite often 30 minutes after the last live set of the evening where your guest still want to party and I want to help you to keep that dance floor rockin’ with these 10 great party classics. I wanted to get a variety in there with this playlist from different era’s. The playlist is in alphabetical order.
- Bohemian Rhapsody– This classic track is one to get all the actions going and everyone singing from 16 to 60. With amazing harmonies and probably one of the most memorable Queen songs ever this is a guaranteed crowd pleaser at your wedding.
- Come on Eileen-Its amazing the amount of times there is an Eileen at a wedding or someone with a similar name that everyone directs this song towards. Get your tapping with this great song be Dexy’s Midnight Runners
- Delilah-I put this on at a welsh wedding and it went down a storm. A must for any lovers of Tom Jones
- Happy– This is soon to become a modern classic. Probably because of its catchy beat and easy to sing chorus. Pharrell Williams has made a big name for himself in the last couple of years watch out for his next big hit.
- Hi Ho Silver Lining– Jeff Beck brings us back to the 60s with the sing-along favourite. The young and more mature amongst will know this song and even when its getting late in the evening and the legs have gone from all the dancing you can still sing along to this one.
- Human-The killers are always popular at weddings. You often see circles gathering on the dance floor with everyone jumping up and down
- Mustang Sally– A wonderful groove to this song one for all to dance to and the call back in the chorus with ‘ride sally ride’ made this an instant hit.
- Sex on Fire-If I had a pound for every time I got asked for this one I wouldn’t have to work. Again with its easy to sing chorus Kings of Leon have become a staple of a lot weddings. It has proven popularity with over 153 million hits on youtube! They have certainly changed there sound a lot since songs like the bucket and four kicks but I am sure it has done them no harm.
- Superstition-You don’t have to be superstitious about this Stevie Wonder song going down well. With its unmistakable grooving intro and the deep bass line and classic Stevie Wonder keys it make this a song that has stood the test of time.
- Waterloo-The list wouldn’t be complete without a bit of Abba. Get you air guitars out. Its time to party when you hear the sounds of the Swedish 4 piece. As I am listening to it while I am writing this blog my foot is tapping away.
So that concludes my 10 party songs for today. Variety is the spice of life and with some 1950’s rock n roll and swing and these kind of fantastic tracks in between you can will have sore feet the next morning from all that dancing. But it will be so worth it!
Now it’s your turn leave me a comment send me an email [email protected] or tweet me @paulacemusic what do you think should of made the list? I want to hear your top 10 after party playlist.
Watch out for the next blog on an awesome wedding playlist.
Have an Ace Day
Paul Ace x