With the continued growth of YouTube music sensations, it is now so easy to discover not just great music but great interpretations of popular songs. I have compiled a list of 10 of my favourites. When you are having the wedding breakfast it is nice to have some smooth sounds in the background but still recognisable. These are really beautiful songs and really set the mood making your guests relaxed during the afternoon.
- Just the way you are-The Piano Guys– I have been listening to this duo for a while and they really do grab all the emotion of a song through an instrumental. We will certainly have some of their songs at our wedding.
- Wonderful Tonight-Vitamin String Quartet-This is a wonderful take on a Eric Clapton love song. It could even be played whilst walking down the isle. If you have not heard of these you should take a look. They produce some beautiful songs.
- Halo-Stringspace-I found these whilst researching this blog and wow. Magnificent renditions of some lovely songs. First comment I saw was I am having this as I walk down the isle.
- Uptown Funk-String Orchestra-If you like something a little different from the norm then this is for you. Would be a little different walking down the isle to this, but never the less I like to add the occasional one that really breaks the mould.
- Latch-Simply Three– This three go the whole way with the music and the videos. A very professional and edgy looking band adding a string twist to some contemporary covers. Take a look at this Sam Smith cover
- A Thousand Years-Joe Raciti-This is a great mellow cover of what made Christina Perri famous. I here this at a lot of weddings and its always popular
- All of me-Costantino Carrara-This imenssly talented 17 year old really grabs your attention with this rendition of John Legend’s song which seems to have become a wedding standard in the last couple of years.
- Iv got a Feeling-Joe Tracy-Iv heard this song quite a lot in different versions but this one stands out. It is more subtle than the original.
- Wonderwall-The String Orchestra– Many a version has been made of this 90’s brit pop hit. This laid back version of the Oasis hit song really adds something to a wedding that Liam Gallagher probably wouldn’t.
- What makes you beautiful-The Piano Guys-I thought I would finish with something special over 45,000,000 hits on YouTube take a look and see why. It’s a real interesting version and the way it is performed is even better. 5 men, 1 piano. Hope you like it.
I hope you enjoy the list. Which on is your favourite? Did you already plan to have one of these at your wedding maybe now you do? Let me know your thoughts. Did I miss any? I want to here from you. What is your top 10
Watch out for my other playlist blogs coming up and enjoy!
Have an Ace Day
Paul Ace x